From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph not Plotting All Recorded Data

When my program goes to plot the data that it just recorded, it does not plot all of it.  The data comes in as a 1D array containing DC voltage readings and corresponding time stamps.  I then rearrange the data into a 2D array based on how many channels I am scanning at that particular time.  Next the data is broken up by channel and by data type before I bundle the time and voltage data for each individual channel.  I then create an array of these bundles in order to plot all the data.  Unfortunately, not everything goes as planned.

But when I was trying to debug the program, I placed indicators all along the data flow and everything looked great.  It's only when I go to plot that there are problems.  The first channel is normally perfect, but then it just seems to skip out on data for other channels.  Some only have half of their data actually plotted.

Please let me know where I am going wrong or if you have an idea for another potential solution.  I am using an Agilent 34980A mainframe along with a 34925A module to get the time and voltages.

Thanks in advance,

RT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,416 Views)

Did you try to set to plot to synchronus display and see what happens (right-click on plot, select advanced and synchronus display)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,406 Views)

I just tried that and there was unfortunately there wasn't any change...

Thank you for the reply! Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,390 Views)

Pretty embarrassing but all I had to do was turn off the autoscale.

Turns out that when autoscale is on, not only you can't see the data points on the graph out of range, but they don't get transferred to spreadsheet when you extract the data to excel either.

Sorry about that! Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,379 Views)