LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph: limiting and displaying data

I'm building an application with multiple XY Graph (the x_axis "delta x" change between iterations) and have doubts about an optimized way to limit the "array_size" and displaying data.

Take the following code as example:

XY Graph ExampleXY Graph Example

1. I'm using one In Place Element Structure (IPE) to limit the array_size. Without this the LabVIEW could close with RAM Memory error
    The array size depends of the CPU configuration
    With large size array, the processor goes to 30% or more. Is there a way to reduce the CPU usage?
    (note: my real application have PLC with OPC-UA, the loop updates between 5-250 ms, depending on the machine. Each one have a computer running the LabVIEW VI)
  2. The second IPE serves as a data_visualize: the operator sets the number of points he desires to see.
    Sometimes he wants to focus in the last data, sometimes a big time window is needed, etc.
    But this IPE have a failure: the "Pause graph" boolean doesn't work, when the operator changes the value of "Points to visualize" with "Pause graph? = TRUE", the XY Graph does not change
    Is there a better way to implement this "Points to visualize..." function?
  3. The boolean "Erase data" will be used to erase the data. I think this is the best way to clear a "live update xy_graph", right?
    (note: currently right click "Clear graph" does not work...)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(597 Views)

Waveform Chart would be doing the same thing in an efficient way, why not use a waveform chart instead and use a property node to set history length and also erase history?

Edit: Missed that you're talking of "XY Graph" and not a regular Graph, please ignore my comment.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 2
(574 Views)