From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Curve Plot in Labview

Hi Everybody,

I am a beginer to Labview and NI-ElVIS and as a begineer I am facing some (maybe) trivial issue. Unfortunately I was not able to find solution to the query and hence an looking forward to your help.

I have designed a circuit in NI-ELVIS and an viewing the output in oscilloscope of NI-ELVIS software. However I am interested in plotting XY- graph for the two channels that I am interested in observing. Can anyone help me how can I do that ?

To make the problem a little more complicated, I am interested in varying the supply voltages on NI-ELVIS board and would like to observe the XY graph with respect to variation in voltages I am performing. Currently I am using manual mode of ELVIS but I would like to control the same through hardware alongwith plotting the XY curve.

Thanks,

-Gaurav

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,482 Views)
you can use express XY chart( shown in attached VI) to start with.

Note: In block diagram, right click on build xy chart >> properties>> de-select 'clear data on each call'

hope this helps

Regards

Dev
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,472 Views)
Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunately I have Labview 7.0 and the vi file you have provided is of version 7.1. Is there anyway I can use it by changing some settings ? or can I get free upgrate to 7.1 ?

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,462 Views)

Hiii, Gaurav,

As Dev is not there, i am converting those vis in the 7.0.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,451 Views)

Hey Nishanth,

Thanks for that Smiley Wink

Hope that helps you Gaurav

Regards

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,444 Views)
Thanks for the quick reply and help but unfortunately I am getting the same error 😞

error code 9.  What can be the possible reason ?

-Gaurav
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,432 Views)
You are getting the same because the VI Nishant posted is still a 7.1 version. Here it is in 7.0.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,427 Views)

Thanks for your kind help,

However, I think that I didn't stated my problem well enough. Restating:

I have designed a sinewave and cosinewave generator on NI-ELVIS board and I am monitoring the output from channel ACH0+ and ACH1- on ELVIS oscilloscope. However my intention is to see the data at ACH0+ channel and ACH1+ channel as XY- Graph.

So my question is How can I acquire the data from ACH0+ and ACH1+ simultaneously and then how can I plot it as XY curve ? Are there any VIs which can do the same task ? I have labview 7.0 version.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,422 Views)

Hii, Dennis

Please explain me why this is happening, i am converting this using the option save with options and there is an option that save with version 7.0 at the left pan, but it is still not converted, when we are doing that in LabVIEW 8.0, to convert it into the LabVIEW 7.1, it is running OK, i mean it is not giving any error, why this is happening?

And Gaurav sorry, i dont know whu it is not happening? i think it should br there, but?????? i don know yaar!Smiley SadSmiley Surprised

Thanks,

Nishant 

Message Edited by Nishant on 04-14-2006 09:20 AM

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,423 Views)

No worries Nishant !!!

The VI provided by dennis is working. However that is not what I wanted or atleast wasn't looking for. My concern is to plot lissajous pattern of the circuit which I have designed. Any suggestions ?? or VIs ??

Note that I am a fresh begineer of NI-ELVIS and Labview so do explain jargon, if you use any.

And thanks anyways for your help.

-Gaurav

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,413 Views)