From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSENS MTi 30

Hello to all,

I am working with XSENS MTi 30 series and i would like to control and monitor this sensor by the help of Labview. I have already tried to test the code you provide in a previous post (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22751) but i have problem with xsens MTi.lvlib:Configure Object Alignment. Do you know if exist any pattern example in order to start building my own code??

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,054 Views)

Hello,

I have Xsens MTi AHRS MTI-28A53G35, I use it in LabView using their DLL interface. It works like charm.

The link you provide does not exist (blank page).

What exactly do you have problems with ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,042 Views)

hi

i have Xsens MTi AHRS MTI-28A53G35  but how can i use it in labview ?
please help me.
thanx.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,973 Views)

I made this so should be able to help if you post SPECIFIC questions.

Lewis Gear CLA
LabVIEW UAV

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,963 Views)

@Lewis_G wrote:

I made this so should be able to help if you post SPECIFIC questions.

I knew I'd catch you here. Smiley Very Happy

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

Message 5 of 15
(5,951 Views)

WOW.Smiley Surprised
I will work with this and tell result.
many thanks for you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,911 Views)

Hello Bublina,

I'am trying to do something similar with a mti-300. However, i am running into trouble when trying to open a communication port. I can scan, and get some results, but am not able to get the right information out to open up a communication channel. Can you help me with this or send me your code?

Thanks a lot in advance!

@Lewis-G: This code should work when using rs232 communication. However, I am not able to get it running with a usb-connected device. The point is that it seem not to work with the new mti-10 and 100 series, as these are native USB, and thus do not show up in the list with available devices, nor can use the communication method you use in your VI. If you have any clue how to solve this, i would really appreciate your contribution!

Kind regards,

Bastiaan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,731 Views)

This driver might work allthough it is not tested.  If you have it connected via rs232 and you use this driver, the MTi-300 will run in legacy mode.

I have nearly finished writing drivers for the newer MTi-10 series, they will be online in the next couple of weeks.

If you want help provide a detailed description of the problem.

Lewis Gear CLA
LabVIEW UAV

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,711 Views)

Hello Lewis,

The indicated driver, which i already found, will only work when connecting via rs232. The issue is, i'am trying to avoid rs232 as it keeps giving me issues, in which VI's suddenly hang without any kind of notice or error. PErformed already weeks of experimenting and testing to get around this, without any succes, except for excluding possible causes.  Skipping 1 of my rs232 channels might circumvent this problem, which is the reason i have a new mti300as replacement of an old Xsens MT. I involved labview in this issue as well, and they are hugely interested but cannot provide me with an explanation.

For the moment we will try to use a non-optimal back-to-basic solution in running labview and mt-manager separately to record data. If you have a driver that will work with the new series, that would be great, and i'd love to test it, even with a beta-version for now (although i've already prepared my experiments for tomorrow by now).

Kind regards,

Bastiaan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,703 Views)

Hello basvroeg,

in our company, I have recently worked with MTi - G 100. I coded my own LabView interface in C/C++, and several VIs. The platform is windows 32bit.

It works via winusb.h, I think all you need on the developer machine is visual studio runtime (the DLL can be built so you do not even need this) and installed driver from Xsens so windows do identify the device.

Pm me if you are interested in details.

Oh and it works with USB interface 🙂 no serial232

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,682 Views)