cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET CAN Create Session error 0xBFF63001

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I develop an application to use 9 "NI PCI-8512" CAN Cards with LabView 2015, NI-XNET 17.0.1 under Windows 7.

Note: I use only "XNET Create Session (Frame Input Stream).vi" and "XNET Create Session (Frame Output Stream).vi" functions for each CAN port.

image.png

An error "XNET CAN Create Session error 0xBFF63001 " appears randomly on CAN initialization for one or more cards and I can't properly initialize the 9 CAN cards.

image.png
After an initialization error, the CAN ports in error are renamed in NI-MAX to "CAN-1" and I have to restart the PC to get correct CAN names.

I attached a screenshot of my test program, as well as the result of the initialization of the 9 CAN cards (cards 5, 7 and 8 in error in this example).

Do anyone have any idea to solve the CAN initialization problem?

Thanks,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,696 Views)

Any chance you can upload your actual VIs instead of just screenshots?

Also, are there any hints about what is happening in %LOCALAPPDATA%\National Instruments\NI-XNET\log\niXntErr.log?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,680 Views)

Hi,

You can find in attached files my CAN tests vi's and error logs.

Thanks,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,672 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Microtec

Hi Christophe,

There is a hard limit : Maximum of 8 Frame Input Stream sessions that can be created and active at any one time.

You could find the information in this KB :

NI-XNET Error -1074384878: Maximum Number of Frames Has Been Exceeded
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7kHSAS

If you initialize only 8 CAN cards, does the error still exist ?

Best regards,

Eloise
NI France

Message 4 of 5
(3,641 Views)

Hi Eloise,

Thank you very much for this information, this explains my CAN "Input Stream Session" problem.
Indeed, I initialize two input sessions for each CAN card and the problem often happens after the fourth card...

Best Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,628 Views)