LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Y with intensity graph

Hello.

This is my task :

I have 2 waveforms with different frequency ( this is my output) I read them with Analog input. One waveform is x and the other is y. I have also the third input that is the intensity in every point ( so I have x,y and intensity). I need to built graph with these 3 parameters. Do you have any idea what kind of chart do I need?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,242 Views)

Hi smariadu\,

Would you mind providing a little more information about what you would like to do? For example, will you be reading values directly from your DAQ device onto the graph? Also, do you wish to display the waveforms and intensity versus time? Lastly, would you like for one or more of your data sets to be displayed on a single graph?

Assuming you would like to display your data versus time, two waveform charts and an intensity chart are what you should use. If you wish to display your waveforms together, then you can accomplish this by using the build array function or merge signals function if you are using express VIs.

Please reply to this post if you have further questions.

Regards,

Matt J

Matt J - NI Tools Network
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,197 Views)

I will try to explain my problem again.

I need to built raster with signal. In the analog output (two channels) I generate two waveforms with different frequency. With two Analog inputs I read this waveforms and also I read additional AI with signal intensity. And I need to present in the intensity chart or graph signal intensity in every pixel (x-y). So I need to solve a number of problems:

1. First of all I get tree AI in one waveform chart. And I didn't understand how I can split the signals from the different waveforms.

2. How to "explain" to the intensity graph that every point intensity has specific x and y.

Maybe now it is more clear. I attach my vi's maybe you can help me.

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,182 Views)

I see that all your waveforms are shown coming out of the DAQmx VI as an array of waveforms. It appears that you are already splitting the signals. By using the Index Array function, you effectively separate all three waveforms. You could then graph each of these waveforms using the wires coming out of the Index Array.

I am assuming that you would like to display a single intensity value for each time value. You could do this by adding your voltage values and creating a 2D array that is updated with every loop iteration via shift registers. This array could then be displayed on an intensity chart, effectively giving you a single value for all channels. The screenshot below shows a way of doing this.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your intentions.

Matt J

Matt J - NI Tools Network
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,169 Views)

Sorry, but I need more help from you. The solution that you gave to me do the sum "+" of my voltages and signals. I need something else.

I have free different arrays of data : 1. x values; 2. y values; 3. signal value. I don't understand how I can explain to the intensity graph that every signal value has x and y. I hink that I need 3D graph where Z will be intensity ( color).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,140 Views)

The intensity graph accepts a 2D array of intensities and plots those with respect to the row and column indices. It appears that you have sets of points [x,y,z] which probably do not cover every point in the index space of the intensity graph.

To do what it sounds like you are asking take two steps. First map the X and Y arrays into arrays of integers (I and J ?) with the minimum value being zero.  These arrays will then serve as index arrays for the array to be graphed. Using the maximum values for I and J, initialize a 2D array of DBL to an appropriate value.  Then for each [I,J] point replace the value in the initialized array with the corresponding z value.  Send the result to the intensity graph.  Note that the initialized value will be displayed at any point for which an [x,y,z] point did not exist in your data.

Run your VI so that some typical data is show on the front panel.  From the Edit menu Make Current Values Default. Save As (different name), then post.  That way we can see some of your data without having your hardware.

One other question: How do you stop the program? The AO.vi stops when its front panel Stop buttonis pressed or on an error, but the front panel is not open when the main VI runs.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,125 Views)

Hi I think I'm having the same problem as smariadu. I'm using a galvo scanner to raster scan across my galvo and I want an intensity graph that displays an intensity profile with respect to position rather than frequency/time. The attached image is an example of the type of intensity graph (with x and y positional axis) that I want. Does anyone know how to wire up your labview code to achieve an intensity graph like that??

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,666 Views)

Did you try what I suggested in my previous post in this thread?  Please post some data (your lovely fractal image would be nice) along with a description of what data should go where.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,657 Views)