From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Net: Signals appear to not have been added to frame

Hello everyone,

while trying to create a CAN-Bus signal out of Labview with the help of X-Net I observe a peculiar behaviour. For some reason, after generating a database in the "Database Editor" the associated signal list does not appear in the dropdown menu in Labview. So I proceed to create it programmatically. First a database is generated in "memory". A Cluster0 is added, then inside it a Frame0 and finally a Signal0. However, when I read the "Frame0" property "Sigs", there is no signal listed in the Indicator.

Unbenannt.PNGAny ideas on that?

Thanks alot

BR, Lysandros

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,817 Views)

Have a look at the example "CAN Dynamic Database Creation.vi" from the NI example finder (search for keywords XNET).

I strongly assume that you need to define all the properties of your frames and signals (like Frame ID, start bit, bit length, ...) before it is a valid object.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,796 Views)

Thanks Jens.

I hadn't yet deployed the database on the Target, that's why it didn't work. I will nevertheless have a look at the dynamic database creation

Regards, Lysandros

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,788 Views)