LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X Control Distribution (Bug?)

Hi Jim

Can you ammend CAR #236395 with this?

AQ said: "Just as important: The Data.ctl and State.ctl of that XControl should *not* show up in the auto built palette"

Cheers

-JG

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 41
(1,605 Views)

Hell JG,

I was able to reproduce the issue here. I will have to talk with R&D about this one but at this point, I thinking it might be a bug. As soon as I have more information about this, I will post it here.

As for the CAR I will add this in there tomorrow so we should be good there.

Finally, I looked at VI Package Manager and this is pretty cool. I'll have to spend some time looking into it. Also the VIs your VIPM files added are really cool.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
Message 32 of 41
(1,597 Views)

That all sounds like great news Jim!

I am also glad you like VIPM, as I am sure you have seen now that it is very easy to use and a very powerful way to share code (and avoid the issues I had sending you my code in another form). It would be nice if this was a standard for R&D (hmmm that gives me an Idea)

I look forward to (hopefully) creating a CAR out of the palette issue!!

Cheers again

-JG

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 41
(1,588 Views)

Hello JG,

One of my colleagues found a bug that states "Any VI's belonging to a class that in turn belongs to an lvlib will display a red x glyph when placed on a palette." I am pretty sure this is your case so I added your information to it. The workaround for this is take the class out of the lvlib. This isn't much of a workaround but I thought I would tell you about it.

I appreciate all the time you put into it. This will definitely help us get these things fixed in LabVIEW.

Jim St
National Instruments
Message 34 of 41
(1,572 Views)

Thanks Jim

Yes.. the workaround will not help due to maintaining namespacing. 

No probs on the time, as I obviously would love all these issues above to be fixed asap.

Thank you for your time and diligence on this too.

Now some questions:

1) Can you please post the CAR for this Red X Palette bug so I can track it?

2) Is it possible to lodge:

@JG wrote:

3. Adding an Xctrl reference to a Class works fine in source, but broke my build at run time.

as a CAR as well?

I know that you have "solved" the issue I am seeing as it shows that in help, but I think this functionality is very crucial.

AQ mentioned that lodging functional issues as CARs is a good way to approach these things?

Could you please (insert begging here 🙂 ) lodge this as a CAR?

Cheers

-JG

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 41
(1,568 Views)

I don't know how you got this filed as a bug.

I tried to do that in a Beta and it was deferred. eg. not a bug.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 41
(1,558 Views)

Hi Ton

Can you please specify which issue you are referring to (as their are four in this thread).

Also can you post a link so I can have a look?

Cheers

-JG

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 41
(1,554 Views)

My issue was the missing indexing of xcontrols inside user.lib. It got a car (151138), which got deferred during a beta of LabVIEW (so I cannot share a link with you, I might be trespassing by posting this info).

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 38 of 41
(1,540 Views)

Hello JG,

The CAR number for the red x glyphs on VIs in a user defined palette is 185059. Sorry about that. After doing some research on "Adding an Xctrl reference to a Class works fine in source, but broke my build at run time.", I found CAR 210033 that matches this description. I have added this forum post to it for there information.

Thanks again for being patience with us while figuring out this issue. I wish we had better answers then it's a bug but now R&D are looking into them so they can hopefully be fixed for future versions.

Hello Ton,

Thanks for posting this CAR number. I looked into this one and it is very close the same issue. I have added that information into CAR 236395 so R&D knows about it. Thanks again.

Jim St
National Instruments
Message 39 of 41
(1,522 Views)

Thanks Ton for posting.

As always, thanks Jim for your help.

Do CARs have ETAs attached to them?

Or is it wait and see when a new release/service-pack gets released?

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 41
(1,516 Views)