From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X Control Distribution (Bug?)

Hello Jg-code,

I have looked around for the service request this morning and I haven't been able to find it as of yet. Would you be able to post the service request number so I can find it? I appreciate it.

JimS.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
Message 11 of 41
(2,304 Views)

Hello jg-code,

I have talked to R&D today and here is some information about the 302208. There was another customer with a similar issue and the problems was caused by using a weakly typed X control Refnum in a class private data. In the LabVIEW help, it infers that you can uses these and this isn't the case. A bug report (210031) was filed on this in order to fix this misunderstanding. A private data control cannot contain an XControl or an XControl refnum. I hope this information helps with that part of the problem with it.

JimS.

Jim St
National Instruments
Message 12 of 41
(2,290 Views)

Hi Jim

I just rang our AE over here and he has now put it through.

The Service Request Number is 74261.

With the Bug Report (210031) you mentioned is there a way to view this info online?

Or is it internal?

Also, I was using a Strictly Typed X-Control Refnum for the State Display as a Class Data Member. 

Just out of interest, wrt the Bug Report you mentioned how do you do a Weakly-Typed X-Control Reference?

As the option is normally grayed out? 

strict.png 

The parent VI Server class of the X-Control seems to be Generic>>GObject >>Control?

There is a XControlLibrary VI Server class but is under ProjectItem>>Library>>XInterfaceLibrary.

Cheers

-JG 

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 41
(2,281 Views)

Hey Jg-code,

Unfortunately, I couldn't find that service request number in our system but I will try to keep looking for this to see where this might be.

As for this bug report, it isn't available online for you to look at. Here is the help file that it is referencing and another help file describing the differences between these two but I would need to look into how you set this in LabVIEW.

I hope this information helps you and I am still looking into the other issue here.

JimS

Jim St
National Instruments
Message 14 of 41
(2,265 Views)

Thanks for this. The AE over here emailed me that number yesterday?

I will have to ring him up and see what is going on.

As always kudos for your help on this!

-JG 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 41
(2,254 Views)

Hi Jim

After speaking to the AE over here, the number is correct but was not "active".

So hopefully now this will appear in your system soon and you will receive contact from him soon

Regards

JG 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 41
(2,202 Views)

Hi Jim

Did you find the service request number in your system?

Is there any feedback on the listed issues?

Cheers

JG

Message Edited by jg-code on 06-09-2010 01:09 AM
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 41
(2,157 Views)

Hello JG,

After doing some research, I found that this service request number was created by one of our branch offices because the serial number was one less digit. Unfortunately, since I am at the main office, we can't see these service requests unless they get escalated to us from the branch. On Friday, one of my colleagues received an email about this and I explained to him what we have discussed and what problems we have found. I have also informed him of the person I was working with in R&D about this so he could talk with him about this issue. Unfortunately, I have been out of the office so I haven't heard what progress has been made at this point. I know that this is a quite complex problem so both engineers have probably had to escalate this issue to R&D to find out more information. I will though look to see what is going on so we can get you more information on this.

Jim St
National Instruments
Message 18 of 41
(2,145 Views)

Hi Jim

Any word back from R&D on this?

Cheers

-JG 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 41
(2,069 Views)

Hello JG,

I talked with the AE here in Austin who was working with the engineer from the branch office and here is what we have found. The Xcontrol from a public class that becomes broken when dropped from the control pallete is a bug in LabVIEW and I will file this with R&D in order to let them know about this. As soon as I file the bug report, I will place the number on the discussion forum and also let the AE you are working with at the branch this. Do we need to find a workaround for this or can we keep it out of the class?

As for the second issue dealing with the VIs in the public class with the red cross, the AE here in Austin is having some trouble reproducing it on our end. Is it possible to send us your code by posting it on the forum or sending it to the local AE so we can so this to R&D? I appreciate this.

For the third issue, I believe we solved this one in the forum so I think we were good on this. If not, tell me and we can continue working on this.

For the additional issue dealing with adding a folder with ctls in it and not showing the Xcontrol, I think it a bug in LabVIEW as well and I will file this too. When I have filed this, I'll put the number on the forum as well.

I do want to say sorry for the delay/miscommunication that seems to held up solving this problem.  I am looking into this for you and as soon as I have any more information, I'll send it your way.

Jim St
National Instruments
Message 20 of 41
(2,054 Views)