From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong waveform graph x axis time duration being shown

Further to the prompt reply to my previous problem, here's a related problem that has appeared:

I recored some experimental data using a VI that saves it to binary file. The waveform measurment was ~ 20 minutes long, sampled (= dt) every 1 millisec.

waveform time pic.PNGtime span fault.PNG

However, the timestamps on the x axis of "Saved binary data" (see second image) do *not* match the time span. It shows a span of ~30 seconds. I checked the "dt" of the waveforms being wired into this graph, and dt does indeed =0.001

I can't see how to correct this. Any help gratefully received.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,476 Views)

How large it the Y array?  Is it long enough to give you 20 minutes worth of data factoring in the dT value?

What program is creating this file?  Is it writing 20 minutes worth of data at one time?  Or multiple lengths of 30 second data?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,472 Views)

Check the size of the waveform.  Also check that the x axis is set to autoscale

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,455 Views)

It appears that the sampling rate (quickest possible = 1mm between voltage measurements) was too fast. Extending the intervals to say 100ms, but a longer collection (so same size array), meant that LV displayed the timestamp correctly.

Is LV known to behave erratically when processing such quickly sampled voltages?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,391 Views)