LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing position of stage to file as it moves along with relative time.

I'm wondering how to get the position of a stage I am controlling through labview to continuously write its position.  I have an indicator set up with its position and the indicator shows the values as it moves along its axis, however when I try to save these values, only the initial value when I start the motion of the stage is displayed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,310 Views)

It would help if you posted your VI so we can see what you tried.

Most likely you need to create an array of the values and then write the array to the file.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,285 Views)

I am working on a relative motion program as well. May i inquire as to your mechanism for setting a start point and end point for your relative motion. I am also interested in tracking the motion. I have noticed that i run into the same problem when trying to initiate motion tracking with a jog type motion. It seems there is a problem identifying the instintanious posision during the jog.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,142 Views)

the VI you attached has many sub VIs that are not attached and so there is not too much I can see.  About knowing where you are while jogging.  How are you initializing the jog?  I see that you set the parameters for how fast you want to go, but it's not clear if there is a start button? a step button? or is jog continuous until you press stop?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,112 Views)

Understood, what forums should i look under to keep working on my vi i cant find anything that seems to indicate motion vi forum. I dont think ill try to upload all the vi hierarchy to my vi right now. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,073 Views)
What about the Motion Control and Motor Drivers board?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Motion-Control-and-Motor-Drives/bd-p/240
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,066 Views)