From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing mathematical equation.

How can I write a mathematical equation in labview, which includes Greek letters, normal characters and symbols, through programming?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,999 Views)
You can replace the greek thing with your own variable and try it out in a formula node. Can you post your equation?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,993 Views)

hello ishank,

Please set the text settings as symbol for both front panel and block diagram.If you do this,you can use the greek symbols as alpha,beta,gamma etc ...So you can use the same way for mathematical formulas also...

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,990 Views)

Thanks for replying.

I've tried changing the font, but the problem is, when i change the font its either symbol or arial for the whole text. I want to change the font selectively.

e.g.

Vx=DV1+w1*(1+d

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,951 Views)

Just select the specific characters for which you want to change font and set the font on them, rather than the entire control. For example, in this string control I entered the text Vx=DV1+w1*(1+d), selected the w and set the font for that to Symbol, and got this:

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 03-16-2010 09:18 AM
Message 5 of 9
(3,930 Views)

Actually, I want to do this through programming. First, the mathematical model is written in a string control then the quantities in that model goes into a listbox. It looks something like this.

String control= Vx=(DV1+DV2+DV3)(1+dm) 

Listbox=  DV1

DV2 

DV3

d

Vx 

I am able to write the code for the purpose but the only hindrance remains with writing these Greek letters in the string control as well as in the listbox.

Please help somebody!! 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,890 Views)
Sorry, but I'm not understanding what you're trying to do. If you want to set the font of text programmatically then you would do it using properties:
Message 7 of 9
(3,883 Views)

Thanks for replying.

My point is....when you transfer Dv from string to listbox, it changes back to Dv. Can you give me a solution for this. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,875 Views)

There isn't one. When you "transfer" the text from the string control to the listbox you are setting the value, not the format. With listboxes and tables you cannot set the font for individual characters you can only set the font for the entire item/cell. I.e., for a listbox, this is what you'd get:

An alternative is to simply use a picture indicator and draw your text.

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 03-16-2010 03:22 PM
Message 9 of 9
(3,863 Views)