From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing and Storing Data with Shift Registers NI 6002

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to gather data from an NI 6002 board. I am currently storing my data in memory though a shift register. After I am done collecting I want to be able to export my data to a text file for post processing. However, LabVIEW writes the data as one continuous line and does not implement a carriage return line feed. I am looking to save the data in a new row for each loop iteration. Instead it makes one row with infinite columns. I tried it with one large shift register and with multiple small shift registers, but to no avail.

The calibrations for the instruments are not correct, so ignore those. 

Down below are images and a copy of my code. 

https://imgur.com/a/62BN6

Any Information Would Be Appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,445 Views)

You can use a single shift register. Change your array from 1D to 2D and the write spreadsheet function will write the data pretty much as it shows in an array indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,433 Views)

So I just tried that and LabVIEW errored due to an inconsistent data type.

Attached is an image. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,400 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KurtzC1

Build the scalars into a 1-D array. Then build the 1-D array into a 2-D array using concatenate inputs and the array coming from the shift register.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,397 Views)

I LOVE YOU. Thank you so much! It worked great.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,379 Views)