LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing Strings to Delimited Spreadsheet

I have < a year experience using LabVIEW and this is the first time I've been asked to make a program that saves as a .csv

The issue(s) I'm having is-

1) Saving the selected booleans in their separate columns. Right now, it only saves the last one.

-I would also like to learn how to make each one of the tasks have a header so it can be filtered if needed.

2) The program saves continuously. Why..?

There are a few more bugs I'm aware of, I just haven't gotten rid of them yet.

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(712 Views)

Look carefully at the Write Delimited Spreadsheet function.  I believe you have two of the (constant) inputs wired to the wrong connectors.  If you fix this and run your program again, it may have other errors, but you should be able to figure those out.

Note that I am deliberately not showing you the "right way" to fix your code -- if you follow my advice above, and "fix it yourself", you will learn LabVIEW (and, more important, "Learn how to Learn LabVIEW") more "efficiently".

Bob "Professor" Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(680 Views)

Did you really attach the file you wanted? That entire code is just pointless.

1. You are never writing any data to the file IO.
  2. Not sure what you mean by "saving booleans". Don't you mean strings?
  3. Don't maximize the front panel and diagram to the screen.
  4. Maintain left-to-right dataflow (example: your  "visible" property nodes)
  5. Don't hide the label of terminals, (e.g. Names).
  6. If you would place the "tasks" enum before the case structure, you could eliminate all the local variables of it.
  7. The sequence structure around the quit labview primitve is pointless. The wire already determines execution order already. Why do you think you even need that?
  8. A signaling property (Save:Val(sgnl)) is pointless, because you don't even have an event structure. 
  9. "Switch until released" is almost never the correct mechanical action for your "save button".
  10. "Switch until released" is almost never the correct mechanical action for your "exit button".
  11. (With "switch until released" a true value can be read zero to multiple times, depending on your mouse timing and loop rate)
  12. Instead of reinit to default, just wire a specific value to a local variable of the control. Don't assume that the next programmer knows what all the defaults values are.
  13. What are these extra "Write Spreadsheet" functions that write nothing 3x20 times per second and also don't append.
  14. it. just. makes. absolutely. no. sense!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(657 Views)