From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing Continuous Data to An Array

Hello,

I am looking for a way to take my continuous data and display it to an array in Labview. The issue I am having is that the data is unreadable due to it being read so fast. I am looking for a way to limit the amount of data points that are being displayed in my array. I am thinking something along these lines:

1. Read and store the data
  2. Display the first data point in an array for 2-3 seconds
  3. Clear the stored data
  4. Store the next set of readings
  5. Display the first data point for 2-3 seconds

Any advice on how to achieve or another way to successfully display the continuous data is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,878 Views)

How big is the array? Is it constantly groing or fixed size?

Where do you "store" the data? Are you streaming to disk?

Is this just a plain array indicator?

You can do all the acquisition and storing as fast as possible, but only update the array indicator at slower intervals.

Can you attach some simplified sample code so we get a better idea what you are doing? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,871 Views)

Thank you for your reply,

I have attached a VI that shows what I am trying to accomplish / what's not working.

The overall goal of the system is to read data from multiple DAQS at different rates, resample the data (so that it can be written to a TDMS file with a common timestamp. * note that I did not include the functionality for writing to the TDMS file in this sample VI*) then display the data in the form of a graph and a numeric indicator. The graph is working fine, the issue I am having is with the numeric indicator.

The issue I am having is that if I set the 'resample dt' to a high value (ie, 0.00001 s) then values are being read too quickly and it is difficult to read off the values from the indicator. If i set the 'resample dt' to a lower values (ie, 0.5 s) then values don't show up at all in the indicator.

Any advice on how to successfully display values into the indicator is appreciated.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,857 Views)

Furthermore,

The only way I am able to successfully get the indicator to display values is if I set a 'Number of samples per channel' for my read function. The issue with this is that I want to read every sample for every channel, that way all the samples are being 'resampled' to be written with a common time stamp.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,854 Views)

Hi,

Already you have posted the same question in forum few weeks before refer to the previous topic here. and try out the said method.

Kudos Welcome 🙂 

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
Message 5 of 5
(3,826 Views)