LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to spreadsheet problem

I have a vi that controls a TRIAX 550 monochromator and the PMT signal from a DAQ card.  When I want to save the data as a spreadsheet, the excel document shows only one digit. I tried fixing the problem using the 'Write to spreadsheet file vi' by clicking 'format and precision' in the Numeric Properties to no avail.  I am using Word Excel 2000 XP windows system and Lab view 8.20
Message 1 of 5
(2,514 Views)
Since the Write to Spreadsheet File function really doesn't create an Excel formatted file, have you tried looking at the file with a text editor such as Notepad? If the data looks okay there, then you may be using the incorrect separator for Excel to recognize. If Notepad shows the same thing, you should probably go ahead and post the VI or at least an image of the block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,511 Views)
I am just guessing, but I assume that you are in Europe?  This sounds like a similar problem I once had with localized decimal separators.  Could it be that your spreadsheet column separator is the same as your decimal separator?  And when it is imported to excel, is the correct separator used there as well?

Hope that this give you something to work with!
Bob Young

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,483 Views)
Dennis,

I tried notepad and the data looks the same as in Excel.  Can you tell me how to post the VI as you suggested.  I appreciate your help
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,459 Views)
Right below the message body is a button called 'Browse'. Click that and locate your VI. Do not select the preivew button because that will loose the attachment. If your VI has subVI, make an application distribution or separately attach the subVIs.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,454 Views)