From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to spreadsheet file DBL no dialog pop up

Hello, 

I encountered this issue when I was using "write to spreadsheet file DBL". There was never a dialog jumping up for manually choose a file path at the end of all the data acquisition. 

Does anyone else have the same problem ? 

DBL.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,831 Views)

Tooltip says that a dialog box will pop up if the path is empty.  Is your path control empty? Use the Empty primitive in the comparison palette. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,824 Views)

Yes, the file path is completely empty. Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,811 Views)

Did you use the Empy String/Path function like I suggested?  Both of the controls below appear to be empty but the first one is not.  Just trying to make doubly sure. 

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,803 Views)

Yes ,I see the empty path control you mentioned but I don't know how to connect it with the "write to spreadsheet vi." I could not add anything in the block diagram in this sub-vi 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,778 Views)

@LeoYTL wrote:

Yes ,I see the empty path control you mentioned but I don't know how to connect it with the "write to spreadsheet vi." I could not add anything in the block diagram in this sub-vi 

I'm not sure why it is locked in your version.  It's not locked in mine but either way, you should not modify any of the VIs that ship with Labview.  You need to look at the file path that you are passing into this VI and check if it is empty.  

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,772 Views)