From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to measurement file (.xlsx)- Append new data but in new sheet/table

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I searched in all the related forums for "Write to Measurement File" and also went through the help provided with the Express VI but could not find any lead to this.

Details:

• I want to write to measurement file (here .xlsx) two times.
  • I am writing 'Target Positions' (column 1) Vs 'Chirp Amplitudes' (columns 2-8)
  • I am using two different step sizes for Target Positions- StepSize (resolution)=5, StepSize=1
  • Currently, I am recording StepSize=5 data in xxx_StepSize_5.xlsx and that from StepSize=1 in xxx_StepSize_1.xlsx
  • Now, I want to get rid of the second file xxx_StepSize_1.xlsx and write/append the data in the same file for StepSize=5 (xxx_StepSize_5.xlsx)
  • This data should be written in a new sheet/table next to StepSize=5 data sheet/table

Questions:

• Is it possible with the currently used "Write to Measurement File" Express VI?
  • How do I configure this Express VI to achieve this?
  • If not possible, any other alternative?

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,225 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raul22

Hi Raul,

Is it possible with the currently used "Write to Measurement File" Express VI?

No.

How do I configure this Express VI to achieve this?

No way.

If not possible, any other alternative?

Use functions from RGT (Report Generation Toolkit). You need MS Office installed on the computer you want to generate the report on…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(2,222 Views)