From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to file without any dialog box

I am working with IVision Toolkit so that I can use video images with my data collection. One of the vi's that it has allows to snap a picture and save it to file, it uses the advanced "file dialog" function to save the file. When I save a picture the dialog box appears and asks me to pick a file name and location to save it.

I have written a file that also logs my numerical data and appends it all to one spreadsheet ervery time the program iterates. I would like to use the snap shot vi to save a file every time the program iterates but I do not want the save file dialog box to appear everytime the program iterates. Using the file name input on the "file dialog" function I can input a numerical file name that changes each time the program iterates so that every file has a different name. However, I don't know how to make it so that it skips the save file dialog box (since the file name and path is already input correctly) or somehow use a boolean function to tell it to press "OK" on the dialog box for every iteration. I would be glad to clarify more if it is neccessary to solve my problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,627 Views)
There is absolutely no reason to call File Dialog if you already have a valid path. It will always pop-up a dialog box. The input is called 'start path' and that is what it does - provide a location for a user to start from. If you want the option to pop-up when a path does not exist, you should use Open/Create/Replace file. It puts a case statement around the File Dialog so that if the path is empty or invalid, then you get the pop-up. If you use Open/Create/Replace and do a replaceemtn of an existing file and don't want a warning, then you would wire a False to the advisory dialog input.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,610 Views)