LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to file issue - only one instance of data saving

Hello. I have a VI to pull a series of accelerometer and encoder values as the position of the assembly changes over time. I have the write to spreadsheet file block placed however it only writes one data set of all the sensors. What's strange about this is I have a read string box on the front panel that shows the data stream updated, yet none of this is being saved even though all is in the same loop.

What am I missing? Will attach VI if necessary.

Thank you.

Danny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,040 Views)

It is usually a good idea to attach your VI.

My guess is that you failed to wire a True boolean constant to the "append to file?" input.

Message 2 of 4
(2,039 Views)

Hello Danny,

Thank you for bringing this issue to the forums. Usually when I need to write to a spreadsheet file I start out with an example. An example that really helps is: Sample Report (Excel).

You can find this example in the NI Example Finder. When in LabVIEW go to Help> Find Examples.. and then search for that VI. 

Also, make sure you are not overwriting the same cell.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Vimal Fernandez

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,023 Views)

Vimal,

He said he was using Write to Spreadsheet File which actually has nothing to do with Excel or cells other than the fact that the text file the function creates can be opened/imported into Excel.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,019 Views)