From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Text File - unflatten channel string

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forums!  It's been very helpful for me but I have not been able to find a solution to my (simple) problem.

Operating system: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Labview 2012 Full Development

I'm using the DAQmx unflatten channel string to get the names of the channels, and when I Write to Text File, I get the names of channels to be displayed vertically, ie a new row for each channel in a column.  I'd like to "transpose" this, but obviously you cannot transpose a 1d array.  Any ideas on how I can do this?

Any and all ideas are appreciate, thank you in advance,

-AK

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,624 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AKN_12

Show us how you are doing this.

My guess is that once you get the data, you have linefeed characters separating the channel names rather than some other delimiter such as a comma or a tab.

Depedning on how you are going from the channel names to the file (a string, an array of strings, Write to Spreadsheet File, Write to Text file, ....) will determine the best way to fix the problem for you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,620 Views)

Thank you RavensFan, adding the comma delimiter is actually what helped fix the problem!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,597 Views)

You're welcome.

But please mark my message as the solution to your problem rather than your own thank you message.  First you will need to unmark your message as the solution by going to the options menu to the upper right of your message.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,585 Views)