LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Spreadsheet Time In Decimal Seconds

Hello,

Hopefully simple question here, although my attempts to find a solution have been fruitless.

I am writing several signals to a spreadsheet (triggered by a button), but the time column(s) are showing up as date and time.  Is there a way to get them to display as decimal seconds (relative or absolute, either one is better than "4/9/2013  6:10:49 PM".  I don't want to use an LVM file as the "Write to Measurement" VI doesn't allow me to control recording with a button and prompt the user for a new file location when record is pressed.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,099 Views)

Can you provide some code to show your issue?  A sample output files of what you want and another for what you currently have would also be helpful.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,070 Views)

Look at %<>T formatting options in the LabVIEW help.  This can be used with timestamps being formatted to strings or directly into files.  Alternately, you can use Seconds to Date/Time to convert a timestamp to a cluster and build up your time string with traditional string formatting from the elements of the cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,058 Views)