LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Measurement not separating files as programmed

I am using this simple vi to do some strain gauging. The problem is that I need to record data for about 6 hours at 1000Hz from 6 different gauges with NI9235 and Labview keeps running out of memory. The simple solution is to separate the data file the write to measurement is writing through the option it gives you in setting. I set that setting to have it separate the file every 1000000 samples but it still tries to write it to one file and runs out of memory. I have tried different variations for having it split the file like do it every 5 mins or 1000000 samples but it always only does it to one file. Any help would be appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,156 Views)
  1. Write a real toplevel program with a while loop (don't use continuous run mode!).
  2. Open the file before the toplevel loop, append to it with each iteration while keeping the file open, and close at the end using lower level file functions. (don't use express VIs). Write a plain tabulated text file, not excel and other complicated formats. How should the data be arranged in the file?
  3. Also for the DAQ, you probably want to use lower level tools. Use continuous acquisition and save asynchronously in a parallel loop using a queue.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,089 Views)