From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Measurement file every (ten) seconds

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello everyone, If you view the attached VI, you can see I'm running my mean to a .tdm file. This is fine, but I want it to document the mean every ten or so seconds, instead of every .25 sec as it's currently recording. Any suggestions? As a side note... is there some way to stop the .tdm file from having all that extra stuff (group, channels, description, wf_*, etc)??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(9,714 Views)

No attachment to view!

No, you can't pare down the TDMS format, that would corrupt it into something that wasn't TDMS anymore.  You could use some other storage method that just saves what you want though.  (e.g. CSV, Excel, HTML)

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(9,704 Views)

Sorry about that... don't know what happened to it. In case it doesn't work again, I've included an image below.

Thanks for the help so far, but the real problem is the timing, not the format. I need to write the mean to the measurement file every ten seconds as opposed to every .25 seconds.
MeanTempPicture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(9,700 Views)

Well I don't use the DAQ Assistant, DDTs or Express VIs so I don't know how those are set up but if your DAQ is collecting a single sample all you have to do is change the 100mSec wait to a 10000mSec (10 Second) wait.  That should do it.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(9,696 Views)

Thanks... but I was wondering if it was possible to keep the sampling at its current rate (for the graph) and just change the Write to Measurement to every 10 secs. I guess I could make an entire new DAQ assistant to filter to mean to Write to Measurement sequence above it, but I was wondering if there was a more elegant solution for future reference.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(9,694 Views)

Elapsed Time function as mentioned here.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(9,689 Views)

Thanks Dennis -- I'm unclear on some of your instructions in that article though. Could you provide a visual if you have time?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(9,677 Views)

Do you have to have a tdm file?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(9,673 Views)

No, but I need some sort of log of the mean.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(9,671 Views)

Something like this would work as an example

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(9,667 Views)