LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Measurement File does not pass my string name along

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a reason you can't set the attributes prior to merging? I have included a screenshot of what I mean.  It's maybe not very elegant, but might accomplish what you want.test problem.PNG

Message 11 of 14
(433 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blackkryst

ML927 had a point about the "write to measurement file". I ended up using the shift register as i did not want to cascade 13 set attributes. It turned out that the problem stemmed from using "Binary with XML Header(TDM)". It would seem that this file format has problems with large data collection. I instead chose "Binary(TDMS), and it works just fine. Frankly, i can't even tell the difference between the two formats.

I hope this helps anyone in the future that may run into this problem and thank you all for all the quick responses. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(421 Views)

I think the problem with the TDM file is that it is not meant to be used in "streaming" applications. If your write to it continuously with a very small dt between each iteration you may have problems. TDMS is purposedly existing for high speed data streaming.

All of this is just a guess of course.

More info here : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvconcepts/fileio_tdms_tdm/

CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
Message 13 of 14
(414 Views)

Thanks ML927,

The link you posted was nice. Always good to have a reference. 

🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(409 Views)