From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Measurement File Multi-File Termination Settings

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the File Termination settings for the Write to Measurement File Express VI...What is the difference between Segments and Samples?  And If I Select multiple File Termination setting will they all reset back to 0/default when one of them activates a new_file?

I want to generate a file with multiple COLUMNs of data and one Segment Header at the top.  I then want a new file to be created whenever it reaches 1048576 ROWs of data (Max size for Excel 2007 to read) - is this Samples or Segments? OR generate a new File every week (168 hours), if the Max Samples/Segments have not been reached.

When i Select both "After n Samples/Segments" and "At specified interval", will it reset the 168 hour interval back to 0 whenever a new file is created from reaching n Samples/segments or will the time interval keep going uninterupted and create a odd sized file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,273 Views)

Hi Mikep815,

I think the below link will provide you some additional information on your questions: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4139/en/

If I understand correctly, your 1048576 limit would be a sample setting. Also by using the time interval setting the time count will reset after the new file is created.

Hope this helps.

MJ
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,211 Views)