LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Measurement Express VI (.lvm files)

I have created a simulation using labview, and am having trouble creating an output....specifically formatting the output file.

I wired multiple signals to a signal merger, then used the output from the signal merger to feed a "Write to Measurement" VI from the EXPRESS VI section.  I set the properties for the VI, but it does not give you the options to name the various Y outputs (10).  Right now it creates a separate column for each output I am writing to the lvm file which is what I want, but the column header reads    Untitled      Untitled1     Untitled2....and so on.  I also noticed the time column is labeled "X Value" where I would like to rename that to "Time".  I read through an article here on NI.com about formatting the lvm output, but it did not seem to address my issue.  Can someone please tell me (perhaps sesame street instructions) how to format my output file so that I can give specific names to the columns of the output spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Max
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,280 Views)

Hi Max,

In general the express vis are very simple to use but you pay a price in terms of flexibility using them. Looks like you need to customize your file more than the express vi can handle and hence working with lower level file I/O vis may be the route to go. There are quite a few file I/O vi examples available on your pc as shipping examples. You can also find examples here http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/BC4E8ABB211CFE7F86256A1F0062CEB2.

Another option for you may be to open up the front panel of the express vi (which will convert the express vi to a regular vi) and then modify the code in there to your custom specification and then save the entire file with a different name.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Prashanth

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,255 Views)