LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to File

Hello All,
I am attempting to write both analog and digital data to file that can be read in matlab(No headers, data in columns). I have figured out how to write the analog data but I can not figure out how to include the digital data. I tried converting the digital data to analog data, but I keep getting an array error that says I have connected data of two different types. When I try to convert I use an "index waveform array" to select the appropriate signal, then to convert I use a digital to analog VI. I am attaching my VI.
I hope someone can help me.

Scott Donahue
UIUC

Message Edited by sdonah2 on 09-13-2005 03:16 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,434 Views)
Scott,

Did you try the Digital to Analog Waveform.vi from the Waveform palette? You might also need to scale it as you did with the analog data to get a Dynamic Data Type. It is also possible that your timing information is different and that may cause problems when you combine the data.

Lynn
Message 2 of 5
(2,418 Views)
Yes I tried the Digital to Analog express Vi, and I get the error saying that I have connected two different types of terminals, the type of the source is digital waveform, the type of the sink is 1D array of waveform.

I don't understand why you need to scale the digital waveform.

Also I don't know why the timing effect it, I think that they are synch.

Thanks
Scott
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,415 Views)

I was able to connect the Digital to analog express VI, but when I veiw the file that is created I just see 1 value for all the 8 Digital signals.

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,410 Views)
How can I convert from waveform to 1 D array of wave form
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,401 Views)