From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write in output DIO d-sub db25

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi to all,

I am using a industrial PC which have incorporates a DIO d-sub db25 port wich has 8 outputs:image.pngMy question is:

How can I program output 1 with labview? I mean open/close de output (0 or 1).

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,418 Views)

You need to know the model of the PC, the DIO card and the drivers. 

There might be a LabVIEW driver for the card, but without the model we can't help you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,393 Views)

Hi @dkfire , thanks a lot for replying.

I was doing research about this.

DIO card has a drivers (.dll library), in this library there are 3 functions (initialitation(), set() and get()).

I was checking tutorial about .dll libraries and labview, so I thing that it could be enought implementing that library in my application, am I correct?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,359 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alvaro.S

@Alvaro.S wrote:

I was checking tutorial about .dll libraries and labview, so I thing that it could be enought implementing that library in my application, am I correct?

Just make wrapper VIs around the Call Library Reference Node for each of those functions and you should be fine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,340 Views)