Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write data to measurement file - column headings

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am having an issue with the write to measurement file.vi

When I use the DAQassistant data output as the data source, it works exactly as I want - column headers, time stamps, correct sample rate etc

However, if I connect my array (I'm certain that's not the correct way to do this), I only get 2 columns - one with timestamp, and one with one single reading from each indicator.

What would be the best way to 1) take the output from each indicator into a separate column, and 2) sample this data at a specified rate, continuously until I hit stop?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,647 Views)
Solution
Accepted by davidball85

Hi David,

you need to convert your data to proper DDT wires! (I never thought I would write something like this…)

Each values has to become one DDT wire, then use JoinSignals before saving them.

The (much) better approach will be to stay away from ExpressVIs as much as possible.

- For a start you could replace formula4&5 by simple Sub and Div operations…

- Please use IndexArray when you want to index array elements. No need to convert to a cluster first!

The sample rate is determined in your DAQAssistent, you have set it to 0.5Hz…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,642 Views)

Thanks Gerd - apologies if it seems obvious, I have not had any training at all with labview so I have to try to make it up as I go along Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,635 Views)

Short answer: Write your column headers to the file before you enter your acquisition loop.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,627 Views)

Hi David,

I have not had any training at all with labview

Then you should take the free online resources for LabVIEW beginners!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,622 Views)