LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write active channel name in a header

Hi,

I have a probleme about writing the channel name in a header. I wrote an interface in which a user can choose which channel to use or not : And then I want to write all the datas in a file and in the header on the file, write the name of the active channels by columns (and then of course all datas are going to be written below the corresponding channel name). I have use a vi from the library : create header.vi and trying to get the active channel names. but it don't work (I have a blank line). Do somebody knoe why I got this in my subvi ?. is there another property node that I can use ?

Thanks a lot
P.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,303 Views)
Your VI extracts the Description property for each channel in the specified DAQmx task. Unless your program sets the DAQmx Channel Description somewhere earlier in your code, it will always be blank.

The name of the channel can be obtained by simply converting the Variant for the Channel into a string. I modified your VI using the Variant to Data function inside the for loop to make the array of strings.
Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,298 Views)
Hi thanks for your answer thats exactly what I was looking for .

P.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,287 Views)