LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Error Communicating With SHIMPO DT-209X

Hello all,

I am trying to control a SHIMPO DT-209X with LabVIEW. Unfortunately, there are no drivers for the instrument past XP and no LabVIEW drivers at all so I had to make my own using the  NI-VISA Driver Wizard. I got the driver working and can now access the device using VISA Open. The company was nice enough to send me a copy of the serial commands, which I have attached, but I am getting an error in VISA Write.

I've searched the boards for a similar error message and found my way to this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6DFA2B8D7E99F9886256C14005E82F7

Since the problem is happening in VISA Write and the information is not so large that the timeout must be changed (although I have done this,) the prime suspect is incorrect USB parameters in the confgure. I have changed my VI from starting with a simple VISA Open to starting with a Serial Configure but none of the values I entered did the trick. Furthermore, while I could enter the usual baud rates (9600, 4800, etc), and termination characters (\n, \r, \n\r), I can't even guess at the other parameters.

I've contacted the company again and they are trying to help me track down the Serial Parameters. So far, no luck but we remain hopeful.

My questions are:

1. Is there something besides the serial parameters that are causing the error? I've entered data[] or data[1] into my input string and the code seems too simple for there to have been a screw up. 

2. Is there any other way to get the parameters right without having to wait for the company? Does anyone have experience with this device or the product line?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. I've attached my code and the serial command list for your convenience. The VI currently uses just VISA Open but, as I've mentioned, I have tried it with variations of Serial Configure.

Thanks,

Yusif

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,163 Views)

Hi,

I would recommend that you look at this forum post. It deals with the DT-209X.

The list of commands in the .pdf file is using the DLL commands not VISA commands which is why you will have to use the Call Library Function Node vi in LabVIEW. You will also need information from the manufacturer on the specific functions and calls for the DLL. 

Regards,

Arham H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,123 Views)