LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Programmable power supply in Auto Mode

Dear Community,

I am new to Labview and trying to write a Auto code for Rigol make power supply.

I have tried to communicate with the power supply alone and its working (this code had been attached)

Now i need to integrate power supply in auto mode. 

1.When start is pressed power supply should set to Start voltage(Start voltage will be loaded from file)

2. Reading the output voltage and display

3. from start voltage to range-1, it should increment in defined steps (Range-1 and steps will be loaded from file)

3. from range-1 to range-2, it should increment in defined steps (Range-2 and steps will be loaded from file)

I have to read the output everytime when i set the voltage. 

For setting voltage i use command ad :APPL 3 (applies 3V) to measure :MEAS?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,166 Views)

You need to use the proof of principle to develop a driver. That would give you a set of sub VI's you can use to do all the tasks you need.

Then you can develop a program using that driver. This would require studying architectures, like state machines, queued message handlers and general more advanced programming techniques like event driven programming, OO, dealing with concurrency and parallelism etc.

That's very general advice, but you need to understand that the driver is only a detail in the solution you're looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,158 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

You need to use the proof of principle to develop a driver. That would give you a set of sub VI's you can use to do all the tasks you need.

Then you can develop a program using that driver. This would require studying architectures, like state machines, queued message handlers and general more advanced programming techniques like event driven programming, OO, dealing with concurrency and parallelism etc.

That's very general advice, but you need to understand that the driver is only a detail in the solution you're looking for.

Don't forget the driver Development guidelines on the Instrument Driver Network.   

And, The Rigol PS has one if I don't miss-remember 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,146 Views)