From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working from home, connecting to a local NAS

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a Synology NAS set up on my home network. My laptop is a company laptop that is used at work on a domain. I have set up an account that uses a different name and password than that of my laptop. I have defined a share on the NAS and can map the NAS drive to a letter on my LT. I can create files and folders with windows file explorer using either the drive letter or the URL but I can't connect to it with LabVIEW.

Even the simplest program using the list folder.vi throws a error. I have tried using both the drive letter "S:\Test\ProgramData" and the URL "\\NAS_3\Test\ProgramData". The drive letter shows error 7 and the URL shows error 6. It doesn't matter if the laptop is connected through wifi or by cable.

list files.png

Using the browse button on the path control I do not see the mapped drive nor the URL listed under network.

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,831 Views)

@Viper wrote:

I have a Synology NAS set up on my home network. My laptop is a company laptop that is used at work on a domain. I have set up an account that uses a different name and password than that of my laptop. I have defined a share on the NAS and can map the NAS drive to a letter on my LT. I can create files and folders with windows file explorer using either the drive letter or the URL but I can't connect to it with LabVIEW.

Am I correct that you are logged into your laptop using the same ("different") User Name that you used to set up the account on the Synology?  Are you running as an Administrator?  I think that "Program Data" is generally a hidden file, and may require elevated privileges.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,776 Views)

Hi Bob,

I am using the same login names for both the LT and NAS but different passwords. I am admin on both.

The ProgramData folder on the NAS is not special like C:\ProgramData on the LT.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,732 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Viper
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,675 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,652 Views)