LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word report generation toolkit error with Win 7 LabVIEW 2013, Word2010

Hi All

I'm seeing different Errors using the Report generation toolkit. Maybe you can help me with that.

The errors are:

• -2147417846, application is busy in Word_Get_range.vi
  • -2146824090 Exception in Microsoft word: Befehl misslungenHelp Path is wdmain11.chm and context ...
  • -2147417846 application is busy in Word_Quit.

the error messages are attached to the post.

I'm testing 10 sensors with one application and want to run up to 5 applications on one computer. Since I'm seeing such errors as application is to busy I set all my report generation vi's as non-reentrant execution and additionally added some pause after each word modification.

But I'm still seeing such errors when I run two applications on one computer.

What is the best way to deal with these errors?

thanks

best regards

Urs

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,341 Views)

You are going to have to post your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,336 Views)

My best guess here is that you have Word open and that is interferring with you being able to manipulate a document.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,319 Views)

in the first vi I'm saving the word document as a pdf and then dispose the report. the quite.vi is a subvi of dispose report.vi

The second attachment shows how I create the report.  I'm using a word_template which i update some tables, append text and include one figure. After each modification I'm waiting some time, thought it could help with these errors....

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,314 Views)

@urssieg wrote:

in the first vi I'm saving the word document as a pdf and then dispose the report. the quite.vi is a subvi of dispose report.vi

The second attachment shows how I create the report.  I'm using a word_template which i update some tables, append text and include one figure. After each modification I'm waiting some time, thought it could help with these errors....

Post your VIs. NOT graphic files.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,306 Views)

If I am running two applications and each one tries to creating a report could this cause the crash?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,284 Views)

I don't know about a crash, but when I did a project with ActiveX and Excel, I had to add a prompt to tell the user to make sure Excel was closed before I could properly get the reference.  I would get an error if they had Excel open.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,277 Views)

Here my Vi's involved in creating the report.

Is there a way to check wheter word is busy or already open?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,248 Views)