From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word report generation toolkit error with Win 7 LabVIEW 2013, Word2010

Hi All

I'm seeing different Errors using the Report generation toolkit. Maybe you can help me with that.

The errors are:

• -2147417846, application is busy in Word_Get_range.vi
  • -2146824090 Exception in Microsoft word: Befehl misslungenHelp Path is wdmain11.chm and context ...
  • -2147417846 application is busy in Word_Quit.

the error messages are attached to the post.

I'm testing 10 sensors with one application and want to run up to 5 applications on one computer. Since I'm seeing such errors as application is to busy I set all my report generation vi's as non-reentrant execution and additionally added some pause after each word modification.

But I'm still seeing such errors when I run two applications on one computer.

What is the best way to deal with these errors?

thanks

best regards

Urs

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,364 Views)

You are going to have to post your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,359 Views)

My best guess here is that you have Word open and that is interferring with you being able to manipulate a document.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,342 Views)

in the first vi I'm saving the word document as a pdf and then dispose the report. the quite.vi is a subvi of dispose report.vi

The second attachment shows how I create the report.  I'm using a word_template which i update some tables, append text and include one figure. After each modification I'm waiting some time, thought it could help with these errors....

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,337 Views)

@urssieg wrote:

in the first vi I'm saving the word document as a pdf and then dispose the report. the quite.vi is a subvi of dispose report.vi

The second attachment shows how I create the report.  I'm using a word_template which i update some tables, append text and include one figure. After each modification I'm waiting some time, thought it could help with these errors....

Post your VIs. NOT graphic files.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,329 Views)

If I am running two applications and each one tries to creating a report could this cause the crash?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,307 Views)

I don't know about a crash, but when I did a project with ActiveX and Excel, I had to add a prompt to tell the user to make sure Excel was closed before I could properly get the reference.  I would get an error if they had Excel open.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,300 Views)

Here my Vi's involved in creating the report.

Is there a way to check wheter word is busy or already open?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,271 Views)