LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word Graph Not Displaying Properly

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using sequence structure. In first sequence with in a while loop I am plotting the xy graph with indexing means it shows all the past and present values. When I stop this I go to second sequence where i want to export this xy plot in to the word file. So, my question is how i will do this.

There are two possible ways but i didn't know how to proceed.

1. I will create an image of the graph and append image to the report. How?

2. Through word insert graph. What are the inputs that I have to insert and how...?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,445 Views)

I am using sequence structure. In first sequence with in a while loop I am plotting the xy graph with indexing means it shows all the past and present values. When I stop this I go to second sequence where i want to export this xy plot in to the word file. So, my question is how i will do this.

There are two possible ways but i didn't know how to proceed.

2. Through word insert graph. What are the inputs that I have to insert and how...?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,445 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kashifsherwani

@kashifsherwani wrote:

I am using sequence structure.

Why? Refactor using error wires. You do not need and should not use a sequence structure.

kashifsherwani wrote:

Create a "Get Image" method by right clicking the graph. This will get you a pixmap. You'l have to use "Write JPEG File.vi" (or png or bmp) to create a file from that pixmap. Then wire the file path to the "Append Image To Report.vi". Since this will require file administration (create and delete) it's not recommended.

@kashifsherwani wrote:

Create a graph reference by right clicking the graph. Wire that to "ctrl reference" of "Append Control Image To Report.vi" .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,418 Views)

Why? Refactor using error wires. You do not need and should not use a sequence structure.

To answer I am going to generate the word report after performing certain experiment. I believe for that sequence structure is used. I will be grateful if you suggest some better alternative...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,413 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kashifsherwani

the advice was already given, but to elaborate a little:

the data-flow paradigm in labview is best served with having wires between things.

most of the standard VIs have an error-in and error-out terminal.

to define the execution order, you take the error-out of the first step in your algorithm and connect it to the error-in of the next step.

best practice is to only use the sequence structure, if you have no other way of guaranteeing the execution order (e.g. use of the "wait (ms)" vi for example)

hope that clarifies it

:cheers:

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,409 Views)

Thanks... I got your point....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,403 Views)