From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring a array to a numeric

Afbeelding2.png

I'm unable to connect the orange big wires to the numeric meters. I want to display the value comming from these wires on the numeric meter. Does someone know how I can do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(942 Views)

You have an array of numbers.  The indicators take a single scalar.  Which of the array do you want to display?  The first, last, the mean?

You can use Index Array to get a particular scalar out of the array.  You can use Mean to average them together.

Message 2 of 4
(924 Views)

If you are trying to display an array then you need an array of indicators 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(840 Views)

I recommend to start with the basic tutorials and learning resources listed at the top of the forum.

To get help, attaching a blurry tiny picture is not useful. The only thing we can glean is that you probably need significantly more help that just to solve your scalar/array problem. To get better help, attach your (broken) VI instead. Explain what it is supposed to solve and how it should be used (typical input values, expected result, sample data file, etc.).

Most likely you have only used "baby LabVIEW" (express VIs & dynamic data wires) until now, because  you can wire a scalar indicator to a dynamic data wire, no matter how much data it contains.

Some glaring no-nos visible in your current picture:

• Auto-indexing in and out of a 2D array just gives you the input back unchanged, so why even have that FOR loop pyramid??? Updating that inner indicator millions of times per second will be equivalent to just displaying the last element!
  • Learn to avoid excessive right-to-left wiring.
  • No, your code contraption converting multiple 1D arrays to dynamic data then merging the signals is NOT the right way to do it. (... and there is no way to tell what you are actually trying to do because we don't know how "to dynamic data" is configured and what the final dynamic data actually contains).
  • Is this wired to a chart? Are you aware that charts can show a digital display that you can customize to look like your meters? Couldn't that solve your original problem with less code?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(820 Views)