LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring a NI 9923 DAQ

I am trying to wire some strain gauges to a NI 9923 DAQ but I am lost currently. I don't know where to wire the gauges in and why it is not picking up signals. I know this post is extremely general and I'll be sure to post more information if anyone needs it! (very new to this)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,646 Views)

The terminals you use will depend on which card you are using. What is your 9923 connected to?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,633 Views)

Hi gregoryj, It is a problem in LabVIEW, not the wiring. I finally got it to read the strain measurements, but it keeps saying Error Device Identifier is Invalid

Error -200220 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Strain-Strain Gage).vi:7030001

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,630 Views)

Hi gregoryj, It is a problem in LabVIEW, not the wiring. I finally got it to read the strain measurements, but it keeps saying Error Device Identifier is Invalid

Error -200220 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Strain-Strain Gage).vi:7030001

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,629 Views)

Can you post the code that is giving you the error?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,623 Views)

I hope this is what you need! (like I said, very new to this!)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,611 Views)

What are you using for the Strain Gauge Physical Channels? Which analog input is it connected to?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,607 Views)

I connected the wires to slots 1-4, and on MAX it is slot 1, is this what you were asking?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,582 Views)

What do you mean by connected the wires to slots 1-4? There are inputs on the modules, and the modules go into slots on the cDaq chassis.

If you are getting the error "Device Identifier is Invalid" then you are probably passing in an empty channel into the function. If you click the drop down box "Physical channels" it will automatically populate with channels that are valid for your computer.

Also in your VI you have a TC reading and a strain gauge reading in the same task. I may be wrong, but I think you want to have those as separate tasks. Even if it does work (which I am not sure it does) TC readings are usually much slower than other analog input and having them in the same task may slow your rate down.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,568 Views)

We still don't what cDAQ module you are using. Strain Gage measurement are usually made using a Wheatstone bridge and an external excitation voltage. This link gives more details on strain measurements.

Can you provise us the details of your measurement setup?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,558 Views)