LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless stopwatch

Hello,

i'm working on a project where i have a labview on one side and arduino on the other. So imagine swimming match where the clock start ticking on refeere's mark and when the contestant swimm's across the pool he/she touches the sensor and clock stops without need of a cables.

Well i want to do somethnig like that with labview software and router on receiving area, and with arduino and arduino wifi shield and two toggle buttons on posting area.

I want to know if all this is possible with arduino wifi shield and labview with router. 

Thank you!

Andrej

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,848 Views)
That would certainly be possible. How much do you know about LabVIEW?

The first thing you need to decide what each system does. Given that you are going to be having multiple swim lanes each with their own timer (and arduino?) I would think that a place to start would be with the LabVIEW in a supervisory role.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,827 Views)

Hi and thank you for response,

well i ran through some basics on labview.. i was thinking if program can be writen on labview with arduino wifi shields and router, i have drawn all schematics, where arduino would be under the button so as wifi shield and then through some ip address would communicate over router, if u know what i mean .. 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,777 Views)

Hi Drejc88,

Seems that you have figured out how your system will work.

Are there any particular advises you are looking for?

If I understand your post, you would like each node in your system to work based on Arduino platform and once the measurement is finished (stopped) you will send the information through TCP/IP protocol to computer that runs an application developed in LabVIEW.

This is definetely do-able, you can implement based on a simply archtiecture, you will start with only one node and the difference between nodes will consist in having communication to a different IP, therefore you will re-use the VIs developed only for one node.

As a starting point, you can have a look at this tutorial that explains Basic TCP/IP communication in LabVIEW:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2710/en/

Best regards,
IR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,712 Views)