LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless communication sb-RIO 9636

Hello to everybody,

I would like to communicate with the card wia wireless network. I am not the expert with that so I would appreciate any help at all. Also the card that I am using is sb_RIO 9636.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,007 Views)

Hi belmica05,

Below is a link to how to connect a CompactRIO to a wireless network. The sbRIO 9636 can be connected to the network using the same steps as a cRIO.

Connecting a RIO Controller: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/320E6D748361351A8625704A000D68CF

Best Regards,

Andy M.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,975 Views)

I'm assuming here that you want to connect the sbRIO to a network via WiFi, rather than having the sbRIO wired to the network and talking to it from your laptop/desktop which is connected via WiFi.

I'm currently working on a personal project with an sbRIO 9636 which I wanted to connect to my home wifi network and couldn't run cables to it. I ended up buying a WiFi range extender that had an Ethernet port - I followed the instructions to connect the range extender to my WiFi network and then plugged the sbRIO into the ethernet port on the bottom. Not only is my sbRIO now on the WiFi network, but I've also boosted my Wireless network range!

The one that I bought was a TP-LINK TL-WA850RE - it was about £20. Considering the price was cheaper than buying an Ethernet WiFi adapter, it made sense to me!

If you want to be able to discover the device in MAX, you'll need to make sure it is on the same subnet (e.g. 192.168.1.X) as your computer.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 3
(2,956 Views)