LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Aligment with Different Screen Resolutions

Solved!
Go to solution

I've noticed that block diagram wire positions/alignments can change, sometimes significantly, in moving to monitors with different resolutions.  There's a ton of information about maintaining proportions on the front panel as resolution changes, but I can't find how to mitigate the issue with wires on the block diagram.  Does anybody know how best to handle this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,528 Views)

I've never noticed the block diagram change due to screen resolutions.  I have seen issues like this when changing system fonts.  For instance, going from XP to Win7 meant going to Aero font, which is a bigger font than whatever XP used for its default system font.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,518 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Steve_the_Red

@crossrulz wrote:

I've never noticed the block diagram change due to screen resolutions.  I have seen issues like this when changing system fonts.  For instance, going from XP to Win7 meant going to Aero font, which is a bigger font than whatever XP used for its default system font.

That is what I've noticed as well.

The solution to this is to define the blockdiagram fonts within the LabVIEW.ini to be specific font rather than a system font.

Something like

BDFont="Tahoma" 13

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,505 Views)

You both are right - the issue was that one computer is running Aero, which has a system font of Segoe UI 9 point, and the other is running a Windows Basic theme which has a system font of Tahoma 8 point.  Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,458 Views)