LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows7-64bit crashes on NI 8135 controller after labview2020 is installed

On NI 8135 controller, Windows7 64-bit crashes on reboot that is required after labview(2020 64-bit full + drivers) installation. Tried this multiple times, happens every time. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,087 Views)

"Crashes" isn't a very good description.  Tell us exactly what happens when you reboot the machine.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,018 Views)

So basically as I finish installing LabVIEW 2020 (64-bit) on my NI 8135 controller running Windows 7 (64-bit), the Windows reboots (which is usual after fresh installation). But on reboot, the Windows just go into startup repair mode but nothing happens afterwards.

Also, this happened on more than one NI-8135 controllers (having Windows7 64-bit) that I tried on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,010 Views)

This is very serious stuff!  Your computer cannot boot in its current configuration and is attempting to go back in time to a point where it last successfully booted.  (Which is probably before you installed the driver.)

Your computer may need to be reformatted and Windows reloaded.  But just let it try to repair itself, first.  It may look like it's stuck, but if your restore points are big, it could take a long time.  It's the only option you have, really.

Any particular reason for installing the 64-bit version of LabVIEW?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,001 Views)

Since everytime I started with a fresh Windows 7 installation, the only restore point I can think of is the one that might have been created before LV2020+drivers installation.

I'm using 64-bit because of memory requirements. My application is related to wide bandwidth RF record and playback. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(981 Views)