LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP MCE and DAQ file acess rights issue

I recently purchased i brand new desktop computer from Dell. It came with the new "Windows XP Media Center Edition" the networking capabilities of MCE seem to be different than that of XP PRO. The new computer is a member of a large company wide computer network.

The Problem: Configuration files for MAX have a *.DAQ extension, This is apparently a file extension that windows feels the need to protect from users that are not the administrator. When you try to load a DAQ file OVER THE NETWORK, the file is not loaded in MAX and a copy of the original *.DAQ file is created with a ".pre690" suffix added after the .daq. (*.daq.pre690)

The file loads properly when loading it off the local hard drive. the problem occurs only when loading Daq files over the network.

Does anyone know the cause of this problem and a fix?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,740 Views)
Id sure like sombody to chime in here. Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,732 Views)
What version of Measurement and Automation Explorer and NI-DAQ are you using?
Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,718 Views)
Im using the newest version that comes with LV8
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,714 Views)

There is a known issue with MAX 4.0 loading *.DAQ files over a network.  There is no fix right now, but the workaround is to copy the file to the local drive and then use it as the active configuration. 

Thanks,

Micaela N
National Instruments
Message 5 of 8
(2,709 Views)
That is bush league 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,707 Views)
WHERE IS THE FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM??????
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,490 Views)
Hello Vr6Fidelity,

Are you tested this issue and still seeing the same issue? Do you have the latest driver and software versions installed?
Our current LabVIEW version is 8.2.1 and DAQmx driver 8.5.

If you are still seeing the issue, can you please give me more information. I would be glad to assist you with a reinvestigation of the issue.

Regards,
  Sandra T.

Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,455 Views)