LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Media Player no sound while playing a avi file in server and client connection using TCP/IP connection

Hello there

I have a problem with my windows media player while using server and client connection by using TCP/IP connection. So when I play a video using Windows Media Player in LabVIew there isn't any sound come out but when I'm playing a video by a Windows Media Player only the sound will come out. Can you help me solve this problem?

I also upload the vi as the reference.

The username for the client is ihsanhaikalz and the password is ganteng

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,602 Views)

Hi ican,

I was looking at your VI's but I cannot seem to pinpoint exactly where you are using Windows Media Player.  In order to more quickly assist you, could you please recreate this issue more concisely in a smaller set of VIs.  Also, were you able to get sound when you did not use the TCP/IP connection and simply played the files in LabVIEW?

I noticed in a few places that you were using the Play Sound File.VI from the Graphics and Sounds palette.  Is that what you are refering to?  I noticed there that the file path that you have designated for the song is simply the song title.  Instead, this should be a path to where the song is located on your computer.

Also, if you are planning on using Windows Media Player, have you considered using the ActiveX commands for Windows Media Player?  Here are a few examples if you are unfamiliar with this functionality.

Example 1 and Example 2.

I hope this helps!

Kim W.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,590 Views)