LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 not auto-saving data to Excel

I have written my Labview program on a computer running Windows 7, Labview 2012. The program has two options to save a file to Excel. One option is pushing "Save" on the front panel. The other uses a timer to automatically save the file after a set time. This worked fine on the developer computer. I am now running the program on a non-Labview computer running Windows 8 with Run-Time Engine 2012. Everything else in the program works fine, but it does not auto-save the file. The file is only saved when I push "Save" on the front panel. The developer computer is running Excel 2010, the non-developer computer is running Excel 2013. But everything else that has to do with Excel works fine on the non-developer computer. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,131 Views)

What does the source code look like?  Post it relevant part if you can.  It is hard to say what is happening but the code written to autosave could be not the most robust and therefor only work in some circumstances 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,108 Views)

Considering that you changed the operatings system and Excel version, only having one bug so far is not bad.  Like the other poster said, it is hard to say without seeing the code.

Microsoft might have changed a few calls in Excel between version.  So you might have to dig around the internet to see if Microsoft changed what you are doing in the new version.  I don't have Win 8 or Excel 2013 so I do not have the specifices.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,100 Views)