LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade: Trouble with Labview 2017, NI-DAQ 17.0, and Aardvark I2C/SPI programmer

I have a program in Labview 2017 that interfaces with a custom optical probe in my lab. The probe is controlled through serial communication with the Aardvark I2C/SPI programmer from Total Phase, and analog signals are read by an NI USB-6361. To use the NI USB-6361, I have NI-DAQmx 17.0 drivers and functions installed, and the Aardvark has its own USB driver and Labview drivers as well (one USB driver for Windows 7, one for Windows 10). I was previously operating on a Windows 7 laptop, but that had to be upgraded to Windows 10 recently. After the upgrade, Labview 2017 and NI-DAQmx 17.0 were both still compatible (as they should be according to the NI website). Even though I hadn't upgraded the Aardvark driver to the Windows 10 version, that still did not yield an error message in Labview, for I was still able to run my Labview program as always. However, even though there were no obvious error messages or compatibility issues, the acquired data had sawtooth-like oscillations when they should have been flat, stable lines. To elaborate, if I looked at one channel from the optical probe while the probe is hovering over a static object, the signal should be constant over time (which it normally is). But now, the signal would have the appropriate mean value, but would oscillate in a sawtooth manner about that mean. 

Now, I initially thought this problem could be fixed by simply upgrading the Aardvark USB driver to the Windows 10 version, but I didn't want to make this change on the machine that had previously been working. So I downloaded all of these same programs (Labview 2017, NI-DAQmx 17.0, Aardvark drivers) on a separate laptop that was already Windows 10, with the only difference being that the Aardvark drivers were now the appropriate Windows 10 version. When I tried to run my Labview program, the acquired data once again showed this sawtooth artifact/noise. 

Lastly, I downgraded the original laptop back to Windows 7, and the data looks normal again. So I am fairly certain that simply upgrading the Aardvark USB driver to the Windows 10 version is not the solution (although maybe it is also necessary). In other words, even with all of the appropriate Windows 10 drivers and software, this Labview program will acquire data with no error message, but that data will have this sawtooth artifact. Has anyone else ever seen this kind of artifact induced by a result of upgrading the OS, and do you have any advice for how to address the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,689 Views)

After upgrading to Windows 10, I would force a Check for Updates.

You may need to manually install a newer chipset driver .

This is not just a upgrade and then done.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,665 Views)