From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 (64bit) and NI-Visa 5.2

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i am using Windows 7 64 bit and just installed TS/LV2012 and NI-Visa 5.2

Then i started MAX and want to add a new TCPIP-instrument but it says: "Either NI-VISA is not installed on this system or NI-VISA does not support creating new resources on this type of system".

So i ask me: Is Ni Visa 5.2 not compatible to Windows 7 64 bit? Because on the Website there is only "WIndows Vista" in the product description.

Thx for help

Additional Info: TS/LV is installed on a WIndow7 which is running in a VirtualBox-Image. Can this be also a problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,230 Views)

Hello OnlyOne,

the NI-VISA is compatible with Windows 7 x64. 

You can get the Driver from here: NI-VISA 5.2

There's also Windows 7 64-bit listed under compatible operating systems.

That setup should work in a virtual machine like VirtualBox. You have to ensure that the Virtual machine allows to access the network adapter to forward PORTS/IP.

I would recommend you to reinstall the driver mentioned above to ensure that you got the right Version. After that you should check your VirtualBox configuration.

Best regards,

Lam

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,192 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OnlyOne

Its working now.

After i run all Windows-Updates in the VirtualBox the VISA was also working in Max.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,188 Views)