LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2000 terminates LV app

My LabVIEW5 or 6 application (exe or not) is closed by win2000pro because it creates several temp files in the temp directory. Windows suggests that these temp files are "NOT A VALID WINDOWS IMAGE". The temp files are created by CINS or dlls, ie. SQL toolkit, old style LV serial driver (non-VISA), etc. Any ideas? This is a cutting from one of the temp files, is this normal? They are cleaned-up when the app closes (if it doesn't crash).

Temp file cutting:

LVRTTable Fatal Error LABVIEW.LIB was not called from a LabVIEW process. S JT bS nS T NS
T T @S T 0T yInitializeCrit
icalSection L DeleteCriticalSection LeaveCriticalSection nSetCommState ( GetCommState ' GetCommProperties ;SetupComm  CloseHandle C CreateThread . CreateEventA oSetCommTimeouts ) GetCommTimeouts 1 CreateFileA X EnterCriticalSection BPurgeComm ?Sleep SetEvent jWaitForSingleObject 3SetThreadPriority j EscapeCommFunction  ClearCommBreak kSetCommBreak  ClearCommError
GetOverlappedResult t GetLastError {WriteFile aResetEvent VReadFile GetProcAddress ~ GetModuleHandleA KERNEL32.dll r __p__pctype d __p___mb_cur_max _isctype Dexit MSVCRT.dll Yfree _initterm malloc  _adjust_fdiv MessageBoxA USER32.dll Q DisableThreadLibraryCalls
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,372 Views)
The problem does not really make any sense. Why would CINs and DLLs be making temp files and why would windows not think it a Valid image. Are you trying to use a very old version of the toolkits? Maybe its a 16bit vs 32bit appication problem. Also, if you are using serial VI's from the VI library, make sure you use the ones from the current VI library and do not try porting the VI's from the older version of LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,372 Views)
I have now discovered that these temp files are also created by the serial compatability VIs, which do not contain CIN's or DLL's i.e. "Bytes At Serial Port.vi". I have no idea why windows2K thinks that these are not valid windows images. I have now worked around the problem by using VISA, but would be very interested to know if this is unique to my application/PC's(x6).
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,372 Views)