From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11

Windows 11 and Labview compatibility.

I am wondering if there is a Windows/Labview compatibility chart that includes Windows 11. All I can find is Windows 10 info.

Specifically, is Labview 2016 runtime supported on Windows 11? I have applications at a customer site in LV 2016 running under Win10 and am wondering if they upgrade to Win 11 will there be issues?

I also use Test Stand 2015 on the same systems. Will that run under Win 11?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,744 Views)

@MikeN2021 wrote:

Windows 11 and Labview compatibility.

I am wondering if there is a Windows/Labview compatibility chart that includes Windows 11. All I can find is Windows 10 info.

Specifically, is Labview 2016 runtime supported on Windows 11? I have applications at a customer site in LV 2016 running under Win10 and am wondering if they upgrade to Win 11 will there be issues?

I also use Test Stand 2015 on the same systems. Will that run under Win 11?

If it's not on the chart, it's not officially supported.  I would tell the customer that Windows 11 compatibility is unknown at this time.  (NI probably doesn't know yet.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,734 Views)

The compatibility chart only shows up to Windows 10. I don't know if Win 11 is even on their radar. Assume so since Win 11 PCs are out there already.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,731 Views)

Obviously Win11 is on their RADAR.  You just have to wait for them to thoroughly test it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,727 Views)

NOTE:  The following is my conjecture.  I have no insight to what NI is or will do concerning Windows 11.

But if we go back in time a little bit...Windows 10 was released in July 2015.  This was right before LabVIEW 2015 was released (by a month).  If you look at the official LabVIEW-Windows compatibility, 2015 SP1 was the first version of LabVIEW to support Windows 10.  So my assumption is that LabVIEW 2021 SP1 will be the first version to officially support Windows 11.

With that said, I still regularly use LabVIEW 8.2 on my Windows 10 machine for very minor things (hard to believe I coded in LabVIEW before QuickDrop).  So LabVIEW 2016 will likely still work in Windows 11, it just won't be officially supported.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 6
(2,718 Views)

There is a roadmap to windows 11 here:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/software-portfolio/platform-roadmap.html

2nd half of 2022.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,165 Views)